If you missed Mayor Mike Mason’s annual state-of-the-city address last Thursday, you may view it via video on the city’s website.
In the video, the mayor addresses a number of topics including job growth, rising home values, and improved office vacancy rates.
- The Town Center – most of the construction will be completed by year end; the city is planning a spring grand opening
- Work is progressing on the multi-use trail, the next portion will include a path around a portion of Technology Park Lake.
- Three new pedestrian crossings have been installed along with 4.5 miles of new sidewalks, all designed to improve pedestrian safety.
These are just a few of the topics from the mayor’s presentation. To view, visit www.peachtreecornersga.gov, locate the “About” tab, then select “Videos” to view the mayor’s 2018 State-of-the-City address or you may use this link.
I have pasted the Vimeo video below for convenience.
I timestamped this video below for your use:
5:40 Discussion of “How we’re doing”
Growth in jobs, population and services
Residential home value growth
Commercial office improvements
Improvements in roads, sidewalks and resurfacing
11:36 Residential Investment
Home value increases
12:15 Technology and International Companies
14:00 How do we envision the change in 2012
Town Center vs 256+ garden apartments (Roberts Properties)
15:13 Veteran’s Monument on the Town Green16:00 Townhomes with roof-top decks
16:16 Towncenter by the numbers
17:20 5.762 Acre purchased by city for Phase 3
Possible property use mentioned
19:05 Pedestrian Bridge
20:10 Innovations Lofts and Boutique Hotel (Indigo)
20:55 Echo Lakeside (Phase 1 opening)
23:22 Autonomous Vehicle Test Track – at Tech Park
26:30 Prototype Prime – city incubator
- Grant for purchasing the Prototype Prime building
- GA Tech partnership agreement
30:10 Pedestrian Improvements, Multi-Use Trails, sidewalks
34:17 Stormwater utility (the city took it over from the county January 18)
35:38 Road Improvements
37:16 What do others say about us?
41:30 Financial Responsibilities
43:07 Looking for the Future